This policy details how E3 Compliance Training respects your privacy when you use or play any of the following services:
- our websites, including any sub-domains ("Sites");
- any of our online or mobile courses, including mobile applications on iOS, Android and any other applicable mobile platform; and
- any of our apps, games, products or services (including support services) which may be accessible via a mobile application, web application, third party platform or social networking service (including Facebook).
The Data Controller
Information we may collect from you
We respect your right to privacy and will only process personal information you provide to us in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
The kinds of information which we may process include:
- Your name;
- Your email address;
- Your user name, ‘high score’ name or any other name used to identify yourself in any Services;
- This is technical data about our users and their actions and patterns, which we do not believe identifies any individual. This data concerns details about any device which you use to access the Services, including: Internet and/or network connection (including your IP address); your Media Access Control (MAC); your device Unique Device Identifier (UDID) or equivalent; your operating system, browser type or other software; your hardware or mobile device details (including your mobile device type and number and mobile carrier details); or other technical details.
- Details of your use of our Services including, but not limited to: metrics information about when and how you use the Services; traffic data; and your geographical location data;
- Other personal or business information required in order to help you with any queries or support matters you may need assistance with via our customer support service.
How we collect information:
We may collect and process information about you through the following means:
- Information that you give us via any of our Services, including any of our apps or games;
- Information given when you contact us or report a problem with any of the Services; and
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
We may collect this information via our Services or third party services connected with them.
We may also obtain information via cookies - small data files which are placed on your computer by our Sites and which collect certain personal information about you. This enables us to provide you with products and services which are more relevant to your individual requirements. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the Sites. Some of the cookies we use are essential for our Sites to operate.
Where we store your personal information
If you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please don’t share it with anyone.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our servers via any of our Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of your information
By providing us with the information about you discussed above, you consent for us to use that information in the following ways:
- To show your score on any applicable leaderboard which may be for all users or a subset of users of a Service;
- To ensure that you are able to access our Services appropriately and manage any support issues which arise;
- To ensure that content from our Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device from which you access the Services;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to our Services, and
- To improve or modify the Services, for example based on how you play our games.
We may also share your non-personal information with third party partners who work with us to provide the Services to you (for example, third party developers who we’ve worked with to create one of our games) in order to support, improve or amend any Services. We may also share your non-personal information with data analysis services.
Please remember that any communications you have via our Services, including for example our games, may reveal your screen name, other details about you and the content of any communications by you to other users. We are not responsible for the activities of other users or other third parties whom you choose to provide your information to or otherwise interact with (whether via our Services or otherwise)
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers or others.
Third party sites
Our Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites or services of partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites or services may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies, nor do we endorse such websites or services. Please check carefully before you submit any personal information to these websites or services
Push notifications and local notifications
We may, with your consent, send push or local notifications to your mobile device to provide game updates and other relevant messages. You can manage push and local notifications from your device’s settings section for the relevant game.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.